Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.
Nur Vargas with son Rodrigo
Nur supervises our nursery and has been part of the Holy Spirit family for over five years, having previously worked in the Childhood Enrichment Center at Holy Spirit Episcopal School. Her full time employment during the week is as a Child Life Specialist at M.D. Anderson Hospital.
Nur is also a movie and theatre enthusiast, with a degree in Film-making. Her favorite place is New York City where she spent a summer studying at New York University. She has an eighteen-month old son, and her family loves traveling! She hopes to continue growing alongside the Holy Spirit Community and serving the kids and their families in the Nursery.
Marisol has worked with Holy Spirit in the nursery and the Childhood Enrichment Center for over three years. Her main experience is with toddlers ages 1-2 years old, but she has experience caring for all ages of infants and children. She loves her time at Holy Spirit, especially with the kids.
A Caring Partnership with Families
- Our church nursery is for the care and nurturing of children ages infant through 5 years old.
- Sunday nursery hours are 9:15 am — 12:00 pm.
- For special events following Sunday services, extended hours will be communicated in event publications.
- Nursery procedures are posted in the nursery, and copies are available from the nursery and church office.
Christian Guidance and Teaching
- Our toddlers and young children learn about the Bible through story time and by attending Sunday School in the Children’s Chapel.
- 3-5 year olds will attend Sunday School in the Children’s Chapel. We will gladly escort your child to the nursery after Sunday school.
- Children are allowed to work with age-appropriate crafts to develop hand–eye coordination.
A Safe and Healthy Environment
- We maintain at least two caregivers in the nursery at all times.
- All of our caregivers are trained in CPR and first aid .
- All of our nursery caregivers have been carefully screened to diocesan background standards.
- We constantly work toward a safer nursery environment by developing special child safety training courses for all nursery caregivers that work with our children and youth.
- Child custody issues are honored by our staff and kept confidential.
Thank you for allowing us to care for your wonderful children. The health and safety of your child is of the utmost importance to us. We want your child to be nurtured by trained caregivers and to hear about God’s love through Biblical music and stories. As partners together, we welcome your advice and comments.